- To identify the main reasons for the underrepresentation of women and persons of non-title ethnicity in the judicial system;
- To develop possible legal mechanisms to support women candidates and persons of non-titular nationality – candidates for judicial positions;
- To develop a system of mentoring, as one of the standards of behavior of judges, for newly appointed judges by the example of supporting women judges;
Implementation Timeline: March 2022-March 2023
1) To conduct research in 7 oblasts of the country and Bishkek on the reasons for the underrepresentation of women and persons of non-title nationality in the judiciary;
2) To prepare draft laws and regulations to support women candidates, persons of non-titular nationality – candidates for judicial positions and to raise awareness among members of organizations responsible for the selection of candidates for judicial positions;
3) Introduce an updated mentoring system in the judiciary;
4) Discuss the results of the study, with broad participation of judges, decision-makers and civil society.