1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1. These Regulations on Membership in the Public Association “Kyrgyz Association of Women Judges” (the Association) (hereinafter referred to as the Regulations on Membership) have been prepared on the basis of the Charter of the Public Association “Kyrgyz Association of Women Judges” (hereinafter referred to as the Charter) and in accordance with the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1.2. The Regulations on Membership shall determine the procedure for joining and leaving the Association, the rights and obligations of the members of the Association.
2. MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE
2.1. Members of the Association may be judges of the Kyrgyz Republic, as well as retired judges who share the goals and objectives of the Association and recognize the provisions of its Charter.
2.2. Membership in the Association is based on an application submitted to the Supervisory Board of the Association with simultaneous payment of the entrance fee and annual membership fee. The application must be accompanied by a copy of the judge’s passport.
2.3. The Executive Director of the Association shall provide information about the applicant for familiarization to all members of the Supervisory Board no later than ten days prior to a regular or extraordinary meeting of the Supervisory Board. The application shall be considered at a meeting of the Supervisory Board, which shall make a decision on admission to membership of the Association.
2.4. In case the Supervisory Board meeting is held in absentia, the Executive Director shall send information about the Applicant by electronic communication for familiarization and examination of documents. The members of the Supervisory Board shall, within seven working days, familiarize themselves with the documents of the Applicant and, within three days after familiarization of the documents, send in writing their decision (vote) with a reasoned response.
2.5. The Executive Director shall inform the applicant of the Supervisory Board’s decision within three working days from the date of such decision. If the applicant is accepted as a member of the Association, the information about him/her shall be included by the Executive Director in the database of members of the Association.
2.6. Newly inducted members shall be ceremonially welcomed by all members of the Association at the annual membership meeting.
3. PROCEDURE FOR RESIGNING FROM THE ASSOCIATION
3.1. Voluntary termination of membership in the Association shall be effected by submitting an application to the Supervisory Board.
3.2. Membership in the Association may be terminated on the initiative of the Supervisory Board in exceptional cases on the following grounds:
- non-payment of membership fees for one year;
- early termination of the powers of a judge on non-rehabilitative grounds, commission of misconduct discrediting the reputation of the Association.
3.3. If there are grounds stipulated in paragraph 3.2. of these Regulations, the Executive Director, a member of the Supervisory Board or at least 1/10 of the members of the Association shall make a submission to the Supervisory Board on termination of membership in the Association in respect of a particular person.
3.4. If the Supervisory Board decides to terminate the membership, the Executive Director shall notify such person no later than three working days from the date of such decision. Based on the decision of the Supervisory Board, the Executive Director shall exclude the former member from the membership database of the Association.
4. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
4.1. Members of the Association have the right to:
- make decisions on issues within the competence of the management bodies;
- participate in the management of the Association in accordance with the Charter;
- to elect and be elected to the management bodies and the control and audit body;
- participate in activities and programs implemented by the Association;
- receive necessary information on the Association’s activities, including
information on financial reports;
- use free of charge regulatory legal acts available in the Association, computer and other equipment, legal information systems and other services;
- make proposals on issues related to the activities of the Association;
- apply to any body of the Association and receive a reply on the merits of their application
- voluntarily withdraw from the Association by submitting a corresponding application;
- perform other actions not prohibited by the Charter and these Regulations.
4.2. Members of the Association have the following obligations:
- comply with the Charter and other internal regulations of the Association;
- pay membership fees in the order and amount determined by the General Meeting of Members of the Association;
- participate in the activities of the Association;
- participate in meetings of the General Meeting of Members of the Association;
- refrain from actions that may damage the interests and reputation of the Association and its members.
5. MEMBERSHIP FEE PAYMENT PROCEDURE
5.1. Each member of the Association is obliged to regularly pay membership fees in the order and amount established by the General Meeting of Members of the Association.
5.2. The amount of the entrance and membership fees shall be determined by the General Meeting of Members of the Association. Subsequent annual membership fees shall be paid in advance, not later than March 1 of the year for which the fee is paid.
5.3. The entrance fee is three thousand soms, which is paid once and must be paid not later than three days from the date of the decision of the Supervisory Board on admission to membership of the Association. The membership fee is two thousand soms per year. It shall be paid by a member of the Association annually. The procedure for payment and the amount of membership and admission fees may be changed at the General Meeting of Members of the Association.
5.4. The payment of dues may be made by cash or by bank transfer (by bank transfer to the Association’s current account). In case of non-cash payment of dues, the members of the Association must notify the Executive Body of the bank transfer within two weeks.
5.5. Membership fees shall be kept in an account of the Association, the records and accounts of which shall be kept by the Executive Director, who shall report annually on their movement to the General Meeting of Members of the Association.
5.6. The Executive Body shall be responsible for the use of the financial resources received in the form of membership fees. Each member of the Association shall have the right to receive information and data related to the use of membership fees.
6. FINAL PROVISIONS
6.1. The Regulations on Membership shall be approved by the General Meeting of Members of the Association.
6.2. Amendments and additions to these Regulations shall be adopted by the General Meeting of Members of the Association.
6.3. The invalidity of individual norms of these Regulations shall not entail invalidity of other norms and the Regulations as a whole.
6.4. If, as a result of changes in the norms of the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Charter, some norms of these Regulations come into conflict with them, the norms of these Regulations shall be applied to the extent not contradicting the legislation and the Charter.