Effective December 31, 2019 and has been extended through January 31, 2020
Build the capacity of lawyers, legal practitioners and NGOs to provide legal services when working with victims of gender-based crimes.
- Expert trainers and facilitators trained in ToT were selected;
- The structure of the training module on the training topic was redesigned, including the training program, additional training materials, pre-testing and post-testing questions, and handouts for training participants;
- Training material has been translated into the state (Kyrgyz) language;
- Developed a schedule of 2-day trainings for attorneys and practicing lawyers in 5 regions of the country;
- Conducted 6 trainings for lawyers and practicing lawyers in the state language;
- 104 people were trained;
Expected results and accomplishments:
A case study analysis was conducted (one case was selected for the crime of bride kidnapping that went to trial and received an indictment).