Implemented by CAWC PA with technical support, UNDP, UNODC, UNODC, UN OHCHR, UN Women from December 10, 2018 to December 10, 2019.
To conduct a study of judicial practice on crimes related to extremism and terrorism for the period 2014-2018 on articles 226, 226-1, 226-2, 226-3, 226-4, 226-5, 226-6, 227, 228, 229, 299-1, 299-2, 299-3, 375 of the Criminal Code of the Kyrgyz Republic) and prepare recommendations for the correct and uniform application of legal norms by the courts.
Expected results and accomplishments:
- A research methodology has been developed for the study of judicial practices on extremism and terrorism-related offenses.
- Judicial practice data was collected in all regions of the country;
- Focus group discussions were conducted with direct and indirect respondents.
- Data on the criminal cases studied were processed and an analytical report on the study of judicial practice in cases related to extremism and terrorism was prepared.
- A conference was held at the Zhanat Resort Hotel with the participation of 120 people to discuss the results of a study of judicial practice on crimes related to extremism and terrorism.
- Recommendations on improving judicial practice in cases related to extremism and terrorism have been prepared and sent to interested government bodies.
- Training for trainers for judges of local courts was held on the topic: “Peculiarities of consideration by courts of cases on crimes related to extremism and terrorism”.
Проект успешно завершен 16 апреля 2020 года.